Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Change....a sign of life

 One thing for sure about life is that it changes.   And one thing about me is I really deep down inside don't like change.  

 I am in the middle of great change in my life.

I'm not handling it so well. 

We have lived in our house 7 years.  It's been the best seven years of my life in many ways.   Each room is filled with countless beautiful memories.  Our blood, sweat, and tears have been poured into this house.

Our house sold, and we will be moving in 23 days.    

We don't know where we are headed.  The house hunting hasn't been productive.  So when the stress mounts I have to remind myself that this is what I wanted.  We will find the right house if we are patient. 

On top of the stress of moving, packing, house shopping....our first furry child Katie is sick.  We got her when we were first married living in Plano, TX.  She has been the perfect dog for 13 years.  She's been having seizures.  This weekend she had a bad one that left her blind, deaf, unable to control her bowels, and unable to walk.  She's recovered some, but she's not the same.   She wants to be left alone.   I'm not ready to say good-bye to her, but I know the day will come sooner than later.  No dog will ever replace her in my heart. 


 This week Karis learned to crawl.  More change...time to babyproof and time for boo boos. I'm not ready for my baby to be mobile. 


Change is hard.  You have to let go of things that you love, cherish, want, know.  You have to let go of what feels safe and sure to see what's next on life's adventure.  
Otherwise you'll miss out on all the surprises that await.

 
It's never easy, but always worth it.
Or at least, that is what I'm telling myself!  :-)

  


No comments:

Post a Comment