Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, September 1, 2014

The End of Summer

 Summer is almost over, and I find myself lamenting the passing of this season's highlights like lightning bugs and the beautiful green hue of life that surrounds me.  Despite all the challenges and stress of the move, our first summer has been very special in Serenity Valley.  Everything is new and exciting around here.
Karis has enjoyed water more than any other baby I have had.  
She has no fear of it and wants to put her head under.  She recently started walking in August. 
Clark learned to swim a few days ago.  He asked to take of his life jacket, and he jumped in.  He has my curse of sinking, but he is confident and can swim underwater.  He was doing flips under the water and jumping off the sides within minutes. 


 

 The love gardening, and this year I started a butterfly garden.  We have a variety of butterflies that float around.


Muddy Buddies
  This mud puddle has been at the center of hours of enjoyment this summer.
 It's been a prehistoric lake, a monster truck mud pit, and many more things.
This one little puddle has made my little heart so happy.  Who would have thought?
One of my favorite things here is summer is the dragonflies.  They gracefully dance and soar all around us.  When I am stressed and wonder what in the world we are doing here, I go sit by the pond and watch these little amazing creatures dance in the wind.  I am reminded there are many reasons we are here, but the fact IS I AM HERE.   And it's up to me to make the best of every situation I am in. 
     
 Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 
1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment