Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

God loves goof ups like me... I've got proof.

I was reading Genesis last night and something hit me like a Mack truck.   I love that about God's word; it's living and breathing and revelant to our lives each time we read it!!!

Well I was reading about how Jacob STOLE his brother,Esau's,  birthright by LYING and DECEIVING his father, and how that ticked off his brother so bad.  Well deceitful mama Rebekah told Jacob to hit the road and hide out until Esau's anger died down.  Or else Esau was going to kill Jacob.  Well Jacob high tailed it out of there.  He headed over to some family's land far away.  And you would think he would get what was coming to him, BUT NO he ended up falling in love and marrying NOT ONE BUT TWO WOMEN!!!!  (I haven't read that part yet, but I know it's coming) 

WOW!!!!!   God totally used Jacob's goof ups and sin to bring about the NATION OF ISREAL!!!! Which was intricate in God's story to bring to us a SAVIOR.

Wow!  Wow! Wow!

That hit my heart because I have been wondering about my life lately.   I sometimes get into the pit of feeling like I have made so many mistakes (on purpose and accidently).  I just can't seem to find peace about my decisions, and I struggle with regret and contentment.  I seek God but am constantly wondering "Am I missing Him?".  Well I choose to rest in the strength and wisdom of a God who can use a man who steals, lies, and runs away to avoid facing consequence to be the father of the twelve tribes of Israel and a forefather of Christianity.  I claim that our God is bigger than any mistakes I can make, and I humbly ask Him to use this goof up to bring Him glory. 

P.S.
I'm so glad that one day in heaven we'll see how our lives' "crazy" adventures were all for a purpose to lead us to God's perfect plan for our lives.   That's good news, HUH????

No comments:

Post a Comment