Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Resurrection Rocks

 
Easter is a big holiday around here, and today we painted resurrection eggs.  The idea hit me last night when I was reading the The Very First Easter, and I was pondering how do I teach this to my little guys in a concrete way.  The stone is a very big part of the story.  The rock rolled was the first noticeable things to indicate the RESURRECTION had happened.  Wow, I wonder what was like to have been one of those ladies and to discover that huge stone moved? The shock, wonder, fear, and excitement they must have felt that morning!!!!   So after reading the story and talking about the stone, the boys painted their rocks today.  They had fun painting, and I had fun talking about how each color represented something as I told the story again.


 
Here's our Resurrection Rocks in our garden.  I sealed them with a spray sealer, so I'm hoping they'll survive the spring rains.  My hope is they'll serve to remind us of the Resurrection each time we see them.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I think I will do this with my kids. Two of there favorite things, rocks and paint, to remind them of the most important thing our savior!

    ReplyDelete