Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Family Tree Rag Quilt with Photo

Many years ago, I dreamed up a family tree quilt to give my mother and father (inlaws).  I began working on it and then something happened that stopped me dead in my quilting tracks... I had three children.  This Christmas I am excited to say I finally finished it!!  It does not look like I envisioned, but it's done.   And that's got to count for something. 

Each piece of the green and brown parts of the tree represents some piece of the family legacy.  There is a piece with horses to remember the days when Mom and Dad where dating and Mom out rode Dad.  A monster truck represents their active grandsons and great grand son.  Watermelons remind us of how we Loftons love to eat watermelon on a hot summer day. 

In the center is our most recent family photo with all four generations represented.  My hope is when the quilt is used all the memories, joys, and love surround the person.

No comments:

Post a Comment