Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Friday, September 7, 2012

A Little Trip to the Grocery Store with Four Monkeys

I love my life.  I really do.  I love every single blessing, challenge, and adventure that God has allowed me to live through.  Grocery shopping is one of the challenges/adventures I wanted to share with you today. 
 
 I have been blessed with a cool big old truck to drive around with my crew of four boys!  Today we hopped in "Big Red" and headed to Aldi for some much needed grub.
 
What's the challenge and adventure part, you might be wondering.  It starts when you pull up at Aldi.  You have to stalk the parking lot to find someone finished with their cart to ask to trade your quarter with for their cart.  After loading four kids into the cart, you head for the fun part.
 
If you have not never been shopping with four very active little boys, that is truly the greatest part of the  adventure!  They are literally all over the place.  It takes every ounce of creativity and patience to keep them mentally busy while at the store with dialogue like this, "Who can find the brown sugar? Look for the C-O-R-N flakes.  Let's count together as we put in three bags of chocolate chips." And so on.
 
Then after every single person in the store has told me that "your hands sure are full" and that I have half of a baseball team and blesses my heart, I push my completely overwhelmed cart filled to the brim with food and four boys hanging on.  I estimate the cart must be hauling 100-150 pounds of groceries and 140 pounds of boys. 
 
My boys help or should I say slam the food on the belt.  I then give over every penny I own to the clerk, and I head back to the truck to spend the next 10-20 minutes bagging everything while the boys
party in the truck.
 
My Little Monkeys
 
My grub in the back of the truck
 
When it's all done, I sit in my driver's seat and breathe a deep breath in praising God for His blessings and praising the boys for a job well done.

This here is my driving partner.  Clark loves riding shotgun and helping me drive and brake with his imaginary wheel and pedal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment