Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Oh my goodness....it's been too long

 It has been so very long since I have posted on my blog.  I think life got busy with grandparents moving in, sicknesses, death, and surgeries, etc.   We had a "farm" to keep up. And homeschooling four kiddos took all of my attention. 

So where do I start?  

Let's start with homeschooling. I have a high schooler, middle schooler, 5th grader, and 3rd grader.  

Drip, drip, drip....That's me crying in a puddle on the floor. How did life speed by so fast?  

We have recently done educational testing.  I have three kids with dyslexia.  Three of my kids have ADD. One kid has visual spatial problems. And  I have a headache. 

 Naw....just kiddding.  I am fine. God has prepared me for this since the day I found out I was pregnant.  It's been challenging.  There have been  days that I thought  it was too much.  But I am confident God called me to homeschool these past years.  I know my children have had the best years of their lives at home.  We have went on countless field trips, played hours with friends, served and loved big, learned about God in all things, and they learned at their own pace with individualized instruction completely catered to their strengths and needs by  an amazing skilled teacher.

Clark is in ninth grade.  School comes easier for him than the rest.  He has to put in very long hours, but he gets it done.  He is doing a virtual school this year.  He is accountable for his grades and assignments in a new way, but he is rising to the challenge.  He is 14 going on 40.  He is wise beyond his years.  He loves to talk grownup talk.  Theology, apologetics, and politics are his favorite things.  Throw in a little personality profiles, and you float his boat. 

Joel is in 7th grade.  He is my fly low under the radar kind of student.  Things comes easy for him, but he likes to be done.  So we spend a few extra moments each day cleaning up a few careless mistakes.  He is quiet until he is loud.  What I mean is he doesn't say much, until something means a lot to him.  Then you can't miss him.  It reminds me of a volcano.  You might not notice him until the smoke and ash began to appear.  He is so loyal and loving.  He is hands on and full throttle.  I need to get him into sports....bad.

Levi is in 5th grade. He is an incredible communicator. The power of his tongue is his super power.  He can talk to anyone young and old with great eloquence.  He hasn't fallen in love with reading yet, but I pray he does.  He is likes to be social.  He longs for people, parties, and get togethers.  He cares appearances and opinions more than my other three.  He loves people. He has a big heart and loves big.

Karis is my butterfly and busy bee.  She never meets a stranger, and she has friends everywhere she goes.  She finds a best friend in every situation. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. She loves math. Recently she has been tested.  She has an extremely high IQ, but for some reason, it's hard to remember to bring her shoes to car trips. She loves writing stories.  And she loves her momma. Her only toy to play with is stuffed animals. She is my mini-me.  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment