Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Is reading on the toliet nature or nuture?



















We had another gray and dreary weekend. But we made the best of it. We watched cartoons. We went walking in the mall. And we read a lot of books. Here Michael is showing Clark a fish face at our bedtime reading.


Okay to explain my post question...Clark is really good at going pee pee in the potty right before he takes a bath. He's a big boy and does a great job standing and doing his business. So I thought that I would pull out the little toliet for potty training and see what happened. Yes Clark is almost two in February. I didn't expect anything really.


He loved his little toliet and as soon as he saw it, he exclaimed, " I want to go pee pee in the potty." Or something like that. So I sat him down. The toliet sang a little potty song and played some relaxing, in the mood music. After about 15 seconds, Clark said, "I want a book." We laughed and laughed and of course captured the moment on camera. So that is why I ask...

Is reading on the toliet something we have learned to do or is it just in our DNA?


2 comments:

  1. I don't know but just the fact that he is willing to go is AWESOME! Keep it up, Mom & Dad! I have recently started asking Lila if she wants to go potty on the toilet (we have a little one for her too) and so far, she keeps saying no. We can tell whenever she has to go #2 because she will go off and play by herself. Last night she did that, even closing her bedroom door, so I went in there and in my most excited voice, asked her if she wanted to go poopy in the toilet. She said no and then proceeded to poop right in front of me, standing up. (Clearly she has some control and knows when she needs to go). Maybe she doesn't want to sit to do her business? Who knows? With Wyatt still so young, I am willing to wait a little bit longer before we really "try" to potty train her. She hasn't done #1 or #2 in the toilet yet. So if Clark is that interested, keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, yeah, what a surprise to see this pic pop up! I think this one will definitely be in the pile of embarassing pictures you'll pull out when Clark starts dating...or atleast threaten to pull it out. Man, you could really milk this one for all it's worth!

    ReplyDelete