Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Haunted Meal

Before children, I always struggled with what to do with Halloween. It's such a contraversial day. But it is my favorite holiday because I love fall, pumpkins, and candy; there's no stress; and it brings neighbors together. So I've embraced it for now. Here's our pre-Halloween dinner from last night: Mummy dogs, ghost mashed potatoes, frog eggs (peas), and tomb pies (homemade cherry turnovers). I really don't have a creative bone in my body, so I take no credit. Clark and Michael were thrilled, and I could tell that they really enjoyed the food. I think we'll be doing this meal again next year. It was fun and yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute!! We are going to be at Ben's parents for Halloween but I will have to remember this idea for next year. Except Lila doesn't like mashed potatoes - but maybe Wyatt will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and kid friendly. I know what you mean about Halloween. I only have great memories of it, myself...dressing up, eating candy, playing fun games, seeing neighbors out, hopefully having one of those cool nights instead of a sweaty one...love all that. We are enjoying those parts of Halloween. I do hate that everytime I bring my kids to the store during the month or two before, they want to know, "what's wrong with that lady?" (Speaking about the haunted ghoul at Target.) Or they just stop and stare for a long time at all the scary things. Then we have to deal with nightmares later. Hate that part. But love the fun parts.

    ReplyDelete