Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's Been Three Years????

This month marks our third year in Tennessee and our third year in our home that we lovingly refer to as the "Money Pit".  It is a house we thought was a dream house which has turned into something else entirely.

This house has kept us busy with projects.  Most we have done ourselves.   Here's a list of some of the projects we've done.  Unfortunately most have been repairs (in red) not upgrades.  I can say that we have been able to do all this and afford it by God's resources only.   He has provided over and over at the perfect time with the money, energy, and patient children.  Here's what we have been up to for the past three years.
  • tile kitchen floor
  • replace flooring in bathroom and laundry due to rips
  • paint almost every room
  •  repair, and replace enormous deck
  • cut down and chop up two 150 year old oaks
  • replace roof, siding, and gutters
  • replace broken patio door
  • reseal driveway with blacktop
  • repair fireplace after tree fell and broke chimney
  • dig up septic tank and repair it
  • have new septic lines put in
  • replace insulation in basement
  • reseal and moisture control the basement
  • replace old plumbing
  • update and repair electrical wiring and fixtures
  • replace three broken ceiling fans
  • install more cabinets
  • install built in microwave
  • put in some plants in front gardens
  • and the list could go on and on and on
  •  
Here's our most recent repair.  We're down in the crawl space basement working on cleaning, moisture control, and replacing insulation.  FUN! FUN!  (not really)
 It's been hard and challenging and stressful, but I trust God is growing us and challenging us for His Good Purpose.  I eagerly wait to see the fruit of His work.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I met you three years ago! As I have told you before, you encouraged me in a situation that I thought impossible! Keep us posted on your latest project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a list! I can't believe we all moved three years ago...I guess we bought our house right when you moved. The boys look so grown up now...I look at Jamison (and now Nathanael too) every day and wonder what happened to my little tiny baby!

    Glad you enjoyed your vacation!

    Bree

    ReplyDelete