Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Clark's Version of a Patriot's Pee Pee Dance

Yesterday, my family and my friend and her family attended a horse show fundraiser in Dayton, TN.  It's was scalding hot, and my boys were red as chili peppers as they ran around chasing new friends on their stick horses.  The show was about to start, so we all stood for the National Anthem.  With my hand on my heart and attention on the flag, I took a second to check on my kids.  After all I'm a mother first, and then I'm American.  Well my heart soared as I noticed Clark swaying to the patriotic music.  My first thought was, "Look at him getting into our nation's anthem."  Then my mother radar started going off with all those loud whistles and alarms.  Something is not right here it screamed at me.  I leaned forward and saw it.

Clark was swaying to the music all right.  His head was down as he watching his urine sway to the beat as he peed while fully exposed to the world.  He was enjoying this new found skill of dancing and peeing at the same time.

Completely embarrassed and praying no one saw it, I pulled his pants up midstream.  And whispered as tough as I could while choking back laughter, "You stop that right now.   You go pee pee in the bathroom." 

Clark went home in wet pants unfortunately.  And I went home laughing every time I thought of Clark's first National Anthem experience. 

God Bless America

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy, what a memory :) Just think one day you will share that story at his wedding. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my family cracked up as I read your blog entry aloud after church today. So funny. Don't you just love being a mom to boys? Surely...never a dull moment. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great. It is the land of the free, right? Free Willy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this to my mom and we had a great laugh! She was wondering if you got a picture of it!! Great story to tell his future wife!
    Waiting to hear if we will have visitors at the beach :)! Love ya Meggan

    ReplyDelete