Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Friday, November 12, 2010

Living in a Wonderful World....

I know we are living in a fallen, broken world, and I have to admit that I'm often focused on the negative: government, money issues, litter, mean drivers, my own problems.....

But lately, I've seen a different side of the world--a side where people give and love and help. 

Today at Wal-Mart, an older man came up to Clark and me.  At the end of the conversation, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a half dollar and gave it to Clark.  Clark was so thrilled.  He immediately told the man that he was going to rush home to show his daddy his new treasure.  A huge smile came across the man's face, and he was gone.

The other day at the park, a complete stranger came up to me and said she wanted to give me a ton of boys' clothes that her son out grew.  I at first couldn't comprehend the situation, but she ended up giving me car full of great clothes, toys, games, and books!!!  All for free and with no string attached.

My neighbors constantly bring over their amazing leftovers that they don't eat.  We humbly and excitedly accept and enjoy all their delicious cooking.

And the list goes on and on and on.....

I feel so humbled by these people's acts of kindness on my family.  I can't wrap my brain around the question, "why me?".    I don't deserve this kindness, and I feel like I could never give back as much as I have been given. 

My conclusion...
I will praise God for meeting me where I need Him through these willing vessels called my neighbors, strangers, and friends.

We do live in a wonderful world because God is here in our midst working through the person next to you and working through You to bring blessing and hope and a maybe just a smile to someone's face.

 "God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (Romans 8:28)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful perspective! And how exciting to have your eyes open to the many ways that God works in, through, and around you and your family! You have blessed so many others - including us - through your generosity, and it's fun to hear how you are being blessed. Miss you!

    Bree

    ReplyDelete