Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Friday, March 11, 2011

Five Days and Counting.....

Today was my last doctor's appointment before the big day. 
My sonogram indicated that this baby boy is 9 pounds and 4 ounces already at 38 weeks. The biggest concern was the amount of amniotic fluid I have.  I have an excessive amount of fluid, and it's steadily increasing.
So my doctor gave me his very strong medical recommendation for a c-section next week.  He's concerned I will not make it that long due to the increased chance of uterine rupture.  Another sweet thing he said was that I'm as large as a woman carrying twins full term.  I have to agree with him.  I am HUGE!!!!


I have struggled with c-sections every time.  But I rest knowing God is fully in control, and this is the safest thing for my baby.  As a mom, life is all about sacrifice and dying to self.  The way my child enters the world is no different. 

So Wednesday, March 16, 2011 at 9:30, my third son should be making his grand appearance.

I can't wait to hear his little cry and see his face and hold him close. 

BTW
Clark was 8 pounds 0 oz. 21 1/2 inches long at 40 weeks 3 days.
Joel was 9 pounds 6 oz. and 21 inches long at 39 weeks 6 days.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You just grow big, healthy boys :) I am so thankful that we live in an age where doctors can know so much about our babies in utero... that they can know how big they are and what might be the best course of action for delivery. I know the idea of a c-section is usually not anyone's first choice, but sometimes it is the best choice. I'm so excited to see pictures of your new little man!! Send me a text (I'll send my phone # on email in case you don't have it) when he's here with his name and stats. I'll be praying for you that everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm is there a 10lber in the future! I think I am as excited as you to meet this special little boy! Love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete