Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Apple Pickin'


I love September for many reason, and one of those is it's apple month.  So we hopped in the car and headed to a local apple orchard.  I wanted the boys to see where apples come from and get to pick their very own apple.  A team of wild horses and any threat I could make would not have stopped them from plucking a delicious fruit from the tree.  My boys' need to pick an apple reminded me of the temptation Eve must have felt in the garden of Eden. 
 
No farm is complete without a tractor.  And to be honest this is more popular than the apple tree. 
There is something about boys and horse power.....

 
Here's the cute little store.




The boss--holding the real power (the money)



 Each boy picked their own apple or two, and I bought 80 pounds or two bushels of number #2 Galas and Empires.

Applesauce, apple pies, apple crumble, apple oatmeal, Waldorf salad, and crisp apple snacks are on the menu at our house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment