Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Candy Party for Clark's 5th and Levi's 1st

To make life simple, we decided to combine Clark's 5th and Levi's 1st birthday parties!  It was a hit.  Clark loved sharing, and I was able to put a little more energy into one big party rather than two small ones.  Clark picked the theme in December after seeing a picture of another candy party.  I got to work creating our home into a candy lovers' paradise.


Here's the boys' Candyland cake.  With a chocolate swamp, ice cream cone mountains, and lollipop forrest, I copied the traditional game board.  The top of the cake is covered with a thick layer of whipped cream.  The sides are frosted with butter cream.  YUM!!

One night when Michael was out of town, I decided to make game boards to show the boys' lives.  Clark and I painted it together.  He did a really good job painting all the colored rectangles.

I also got a refrigerator box, and I made it into a Sweet Shop Photo Stop booth. 
All my guest were able to pose for a sweet shot while the camera took pics on auto!



We had carnival type games at the party to keep our little sweeties busy.  Here's one of our games: Gumdrop Toss.  Others were Skittles Toss (water balloon throw game), Chocolate Swamp, Jelly Bean Race where you use water guns to shoot plastic eggs across a table, and Candy Bingo.  During each game, the kids earned tickets to buy candy later.

After the kids played the games, they took their tickets and their baskets to the candy store and bought candy.  I hit up the stores after Valentines' Day and got all the loot for 50% off!  Each child was supposed to go home with their basket full of candy and a new toothbrush.  However many of my peeps did not want to take the sweet stuff home with them. 

Here's some of our candy decorations: colored plates in cellophane and tons and tons of balloons.

Joel is having fun digging in the Chocolate Swamp for prizes.




Here's my three big boys posing at the Sweet Shop Photo Stop.  I love my boys!!!




Here's Clark digging into his main birthday gift: 3DS (thank you Craigslist!)
He loves videos games! And he is obsessed with Mario Brothers and Lego Star Wars.

Thanks to all our friends and family for making it an extra special SWEET day!
We love you all.


Here's some of our very special guests.









No comments:

Post a Comment