Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, March 12, 2012

What's Cooking Today? Laundry Soap!

 Yes, I cooked laundry soap today.  I decided to try it out a few months ago, and so far SO GOOD!
The benefits to making my own soap are:
  • It is dirt cheap.   All the supplies to make multiple batches cost way less than one small bottle of premade detergent.  I estimate the cost is just pennies a load!
  • It takes less time to make the soap than to drive to the store to buy it.
  • With simple ingredients that are more natural, the soap is better for our skin and the environment.  (or at least I hope)

Four simple ingredients: washing soda, borax, bar of soap, and water!!  Even a one year old can do it!!!
Here's my dirty boys wearing CLEAN clothes!!  That big jar behind them is one full batch.  It cost about a dollar to make and last us months!

Here's the link to the recipe I use below. 
Happy laundry day, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment