Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What Would You Do With 30 Pounds of Chicken Breast?

This is maybe half of the chicken I bought. 
I am certifiable crazy.  I admit it. I love to save money and get good deals.  This is what we do to save money and time.  I hope this will help someone who is need of more time or more money or both.
We found skinned boned chicken breast for 99 cents a pound, and I had a $5 coupon.  So I bought over 30 pounds of it!!!
So I spent several hours pulling off chicken skin, de-boning, and slicing.  I boiled half of it for future chicken tacos, chicken spaghetti, chicken and dumplings, etc. I bagged and froze it.

One of my three pots to boil the chicken.


Then I took the rest of it and bagged it with marinades and special spices.
Bags full of seasonings and sauces
Next time I grill, I'll just pull out a bag and be ready to go.
 It's a lot of work, but it makes life easier in the long run. :-)

Happy cooking and saving, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE the idea of freezing it WITH the marinade! You're brilliant (and my hero!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT ideas Jenna! Sounds like a fantastic use of resources, and the base for some yummy homemade meals for your family! Thanks for sharing with us! :)

    Bree

    ReplyDelete