Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Claiming Tomatoes in Faith


Here's over 50 tomatoes I picked this morning.

I actually prayed over my tomatoes earlier this spring. I know that might sound crazy to  you, but that's what I did.  I am just being honest.  You see, out of my many weaknesses, I am definitely deficient in faith.  I know God is good and He blesses other people.  But when comes down to it, I take way too much on myself, and I do not expect much from Him personally. 

So this spring, while recovering from a c-section, I threw some tomato plants in fill dirt loaded with rocks and uttered a simple prayer,  "Please feed my family with this garden and let us enjoy your provision."

Well God has been merciful and blessed us with plenty. And it has been a joy to see our garden flourish.  As the garden grew, I could feel my faith grow as well. 

“I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” ...Mark 9:24
My favorite apology I pray all the time.
          
    
Here's the 50 tomatoes canned making 10 pints of yummy diced tomatoes 

No comments:

Post a Comment